What makes a great meeting?
Today I had a great brainstorming session with my friend @frecaze. We talked a lot and about many topics. In the end we both concluded we had a great meeting (so far different from the ones we usually have). So it got me thinking… what happened today that was so different? How can we repeat the experience?
These are some of the things we did:
- We came with energy to the meeting, full of new ideas and excited to share them
- We brainstormed each of them, adding new bits… till it was a giant snowball and it rolled down on its own.
- We strengthened our friendship bonds (okay, we just gossiped… I admit)
- We got down to earth and did a checklist of stuff we needed to do, how to do it and when we should have it done.
- We consumed coffee… lots of caffeine. Yummy.
I specially love the last one… Since most of the time we just stop by the third bullet and not get anything done. I’m unsure if this was because we were in a cafe (as opposed to just walking down the street or in my living room), or if it was because we just got tired of flying with our imagination and not get solid action plans.
We’ve got some order now. Some kind of schedule… I hope it gets done. Hahaha… So, what makes you feel like you had a great meeting?